- FAMRI Center
Kevin Delucchi, PhD
Professor of Biostatistics in Psychiatry
Dr. Delucchi is a quantitative expert specializing in psycho-social research. Dr. Delucchi's work focuses on statistical methods for analysis of quantitative data including clinical trials of treatments for smoking cessation. He has collaborated with numerous investigators on nicotine-related research and is a member of an NIH Study Section. Kevin Delucchi received his doctorate from UC Berkeley and is appointed Professor of Biostatistics in Psychiatry. He has a long history of working with trainees at UCSF. He is a faculty member on a NIDA-funded T32 grant and is and has been an advisor and co-mentor on several ‘K’ awards. Dr. Delucchi is the Director of the Statistics and Health Economics Core of the NIDA-funded Treatment Research Center. His focus is on statistical methods relevant to smoking cessation and illicit drug abuse and is PI on an NIAAA-funded study of problem and dependent alcohol drinkers which is now in its 17th year.
University of San Francisco BA 1976 Psychology University of California, Berkeley MA 1979 Quantitative Methods University of California, Berkeley PhD 1986 Quantitative Methods
- Nelson JC, Delucchi K, Schneider LS. (2009) Anxiety does not predict response to antidepressant treatment in late life depression: results of a meta-analysis. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry, 24(5):539-44. PMID: 19334041.
- Sorensen JL, Andrews S, Delucchi KL, Greenberg B, Guydish J, Masson CL & Shopshire M (2009). Methadone patients in the therapeutic community: A test of equivalency. Drug and Alcohol Depend.; 100(1-2): 100-106. PMCID: PMC2606930.
- Chun JS, Haug NR, Guydish JR, Sorensen JL & Delucchi K (2009). Cigarette smoking among opiod-dependent clients in a therapeutic community. American Journal on Addictions, 18(4), 316-320. PMCID: PMC2756535.
- Torres LD, Barrera AZ, Delucchi K, Penilla C, Pérez-Stable EJ & Muñoz RF (2009). Quitting smoking does not increase the risk of major depressive episodes among users of Internet smoking cessation interventions. Psychological Medicine. 23:1-9. PMID: 19627638
- Muñoz RF, Barrera AZ, Delucchi K, Penilla C, Torres LD, Pérez-Stable EJ (2009). International Spanish/ English Internet Smoking Cessation Trial Yields 20% Abstinence Rates at One Year. Nicotine and Tobacco Research. 11(9):1025-34.PMCID: PMC2725004.
- Barrera AZ, Pérez-Stable EJ, Delucchi K & Muñoz RF (2009). Global reach of an Internet smoking cessation intervention among Spanish- and English-Speaking smokers from 157 countries. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 6(3):927-40 PMCID: PMC2672395.
- Chun J, Guydish J & Delucchi K (2009). Does participation in clinical trials research affect clinical practices related to smoking? Journal of Drug Issues. 39(2):385-40. PMID: 18818045. (Text available at: http://www2.criminology.fsu.edu/~jdi/journal/2009/chun.pdf).
- Tajima B, Guydish J, Delucchi K, Passalacqua E, Chan M, & Moore M (2009). Staff Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices Regarding Nicotine Dependence Differ by Setting. Journal of Drug Issues.39(2):365-384. (Text available at: http://www2.criminology.fsu.edu/~jdi//journal/2009/tajima.pdf).
- Delucchi, KL, Tajima B, Guydish, J (2009). Development of the Smoking Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices (S-KAP) instrument. Journal of Drug Issues. 39(2): 347-364. (Text available at: http://www2.criminology.fsu.edu/~jdi//journal/2009/dellucchi.pdf).
- Humfleet GL, Delucchi K, Kelley K, Hall SM, Dilley J, Harrison G (2009). Characteristics of HIV-positive cigarette smokers: a sample of smokers facing multiple challenges. AIDS Educ Prev. 21(3 Suppl):54-64. PMCID: PMC2752468.
- RamoDE, GrovC, DelucchiK, KellyBC & Parsons, JT (2010). Typology of club drug use among young adults recruited using time-space sampling. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 107(2-3):119-27 PMCID: PMC2821995
- Hendricks PS, Delucchi KL & Hall SM (2010). Mechanisms of change in extended cognitive behavioral treatment for tobacco dependence. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. Jan 20. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 20096510
- Delucchi K, & Weisner C (2010). Transitioning into and out of problem drinking across seven years. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 71(2):210-8 PMCID: PMC2841731
- Katerberg H, Delucchi KL, Denys DAJP, Stewart SE, Stack DE, De Geus F, Vulink NCC, Fluitman S, den Boer JA, van Balkom AJLM, Smit JH, van Oppen P, Polman A, Jenike MA, Mathews CA, Cath DC (in press). Categorical versus item-level factor analysis of obsessive compulsive symptoms: a one factor model? Behavior Genetics, (*equal authorship) PMC in Process.
- Mackin RS, Delucchi KL, Bennett RW & Arean PA (in press). The effect of cognitive impairment on mental health care costs for individuals with severe psychiatric illness. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.